Par: 73 Gents
Length: 6254 yards 73 Ladies, 5503 yards
This parkland course was designed by James Braid and in contrast to many of East Lothian’s courses offers golfers views of Edinburgh and Arthur’s Seat. The golfing challenge comes on the homeward stretch where a series of par 4’s are well protected by trees. One of the oldest clubs in the world, the magnificent clubhouse has a superb collection of golfing memorabilia.
Putting green and practice area
Pro shop – tuition available
Club, trolley and buggy hire
Caddies available – book in advance
Bar/lounge and restaurant
The par three 14th, ‘The Gully’, penalises short tee shots with a 50 feet drop just in front of the putting surface.
Visitors welcome every day.
Other Course Details
Established 1774 (Course in 1926);
Category Parkland;Gents Par 70, 6237 yards;
Ladies Par 73, 5503 yards;Course Architect James Braid;
From the A1, take Wallyford/Dalkeith turn off. Go through Wallyford. Then follow road signs for B1361 – North Berwick road.