There are a number of car hire companies that exist in Scotland and the UK. When accessing information on other travel services, look for links to car hire specialist and taxi companies.
The East of Scotland is served well with good road links to the midlands of England and London. Apart from the immediate area in and around Edinburgh and the Forth Bridge at rush hour you will find the roads easy to negotiate and generally light traffic.
- Automobile Association - www.theaa.com
Offers the independent traveller the facility to plan aroute and to access
up-to-date travel information.
- National Rail Network information - www.nationalrail.co.uk
- East Coast - www.eastcoast.co.uk
The UK East Coast rail network linking Edinburgh to Dunbar, Newcastle, York, Doncaster and London.
- Scottish Rail information - www.firstscotrail.co.uk
Details national as well as local travel links along with timetables to stations in East Lothian (Drem, Dunbar, Longniddry, Musselburgh, North Berwick, Wallyford).
- Virgin Trains - www.virgintrains.co.uk